Something Really Amazing Happening At This Animal Shelter
1. This happens at the Human Society of Missouri animal shelter. It rolls out a new program called Shelter Buddies Reading Program.
2. It pairs up kids with shelter dogs. The kids get to read the dogs without judgement and the dogs there are able to learn social skills, helping them for a hopeful adoption.
3. These 6 to 15 year olds are trained on how to read a dog's body language to tell whether they are anxious or stressed.
4. The kids are encouraged to sit in front of a shy dog and read to them.
5. Once the kids completed the 10 hours' training program, they are welcome to come back and read to the dogs anytime they like.
6. It's encouraging children to develop empathy with animals. It's a peaceful, quiet exercise. They're seeing fearfulness in these animals, and seeing the positive affect they can have, said Klepacki.
7. It encourages them to look at things from an animals perspective. That helps them better connect with animals and people in their lives.
8. The humane society reports that high-energy dogs have also benefited from the program.
18 Smart Snacking To Help Keep Your Metabolism Burning All Day
34 Most Stunning Houses Of NBA Stars
20 Animals Before & After Being Called A Good Boy
This Man Made His Wife A Real-Life Harry Potter Pensieve Full Of Happy Memories
10 Amazing Inventions You Won't Believe Exist
8 Underwater Discoveries That Will Make Your Jaw Drop
15 Of The Most Creative Pregnancy Announcements
What are the odds! Woman Naturally Gives Birth To Identical Quadruplets
12 Reasons Why Your Brother Is The Most Crucial Man In Your Life
15-Year-Old Dying Dog Lived To See Owner Get Married