What Really Happened After The Titanic Sank
1. Here's a shot of the iceberg that sank the Titanic.
2. The 24-year-old Frederick Fleet was the lookout who first spotted the iceberg.
3. After the iceberg hit, some passengers were lucky enough to get a seat in a lifeboat that sailed toward the rescue boat, the Carpathia.
4. Survivors on the lifeboat.
5. John B. Thayer created this sketch while he was on the capsized lifeboat.
6. Survivors sit aboard the Carpathia.
7. They huddled for warmth and tried to make sense of what happened.
8. People waited outside the offices of the White Star Line in New York after news of the accident hit land.
9. Crowds of people stood in the rain awaiting the arrival of the Carpathia.
FIrst row: Ernest Archer, Frederick Fleet, Walter Perkis, George Symons and Frederick Clench.
Second row: Arthur Bright, George Hogg, John Moore, Frank Osman and Henry Etches.
10. People waited for the arrival of the Carpathia.
11. The Titanic's lifeboats finally reached the berth of the White Star Line.
12. Here's the surviving crew of the Titanic from left to right.
13. Here, surviving crews gathered outside a waiting room before being called in for questioning by a board of inquiry.
14. These are the four Pascoe brothers who survived the sinking.
15. Back in the UK, family and friends waited on a railway platform as survivors arrive at Southampton.
16. Survivors reunited with their family members.
17. Sadly, not all the waiting people found their loved ones in survivors.
18. Relatives of the crew wait for their arrival in Southampton.
19. In this photo, we see how happy survivors felt when they finally reunited with their relatives.
20. One surviving crew kissed his wife upon arriving at Plymouth.
In this image, wireless operator Harold Thomas Coffin is questioned by a Senate committee at the Waldorf-Astoria in New York.
21. A crowd in Devonport, UK gathered to hear a survivor tell his story.
22. District secretary of the National Sailors and Firemen's Union, awards shipwreck pay to survivors.
23. The aftermath of the sinking involved plenty of official inquiries as well.
24. The sinking of Titanic is internationally famous news. Here, a survivor gives a woman an autograph.
His mother was pregnant with him while returning from honeymoon aboard the Titanic. Lucien's father died in the tragedy. Eloise later married a fellow survivor.
25. These were initially unidentified survivors Michel, 4 and Edmond Navratil, 2.
It's kind of thing that just makes sense when you see it. The idea is simple. Youngsters to read to dogs in shelter as a way of readying them for their forever home while instilling a greater sense of empathy.